Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Cameroon: Kondre

Many of my friends are from Cameroon, once you all read my blog you will fall in love with this dish call Kondre. Kondre, is a traditional dish from the West Region of Cameroon, Bafang precisely, is as authentic as they come. For the Bamilikes of old, Kondre was a ceremonial dish usually reserved for grande and significant events such as traditional weddings, baby welcoming and funerals. Today however, though still a must for major cultural and social celebrations, Kondre can still be prepared even on a regular day at home. Growing up, this was one of our favourite dishes and my Aunta real Bafang chica knew what was up. She made the meanest, baddest Kondre ever that had everyone licking their fingers and asking for more! So of course, when I had to cook Kondre for that very special august visitor, who else could I turn to than my trusted Aunt and one of the best cooks I know for the recipe? As it is most of the time, the apprentice can hardly ever measures up to the master and I tell you I tried, believe me, I really tried, but my kondre was not up to part. You, on the other hand may have better luck so go ahead and give it a try. Kondre is usually prepared with either goat, pork or chicken. In this recipe, I used pork since I do not eat chicken, yes I said it I don't eat chicken. Anyway feel free to use any meat of your choice.


 Bon Appetite Luvs!


Kondre

                                                  


                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment